Show Schedule presented by Hard
All activities are animal and weather dependent.
Ride Ticket Prices
• All-Day Unlimited
Ride Pass: Children $10/$9
members; adults $6/$5 members
(unlimited rides, includes bird feeds,
excludes giraffe feeds)
• Single Ticket:
• 10-Ticket Package: $20
(members save $1 off individual ticket packages)
Ride tickets valid for one year from the date of purchase. Proceeds from rides benefit the Indianapolis Zoo's animal conservation mission.
Rides at the Zoo
Located in the Encounters area, the 4-D Theater offers guests an action-packed experience. With 3-D images and surprising special effects,
you'll feel like you're a part of the on-screen action. Shows change
seasonally and last about 15 minutes. They run back-to-back with a brief
intermission, so you don't have to wait long to
watch your favorite characters on the big screen.
Carousel features many different hand-carved animals, such as seahorses,
penguins, seals, gorillas, elephants, rhinos, dolphins, lions, polar bears,
and many more! This charming ride is always a favorite of our younger
• Children under age 3 must be accompanied by an
• One adult may stand with a paid child for safety reasons without a ticket.
• This attraction can accommodate one passenger in a standard size
wheelchair per ride.
Photo by Jason Wright
13 two-seater cars individually themed as safari jeeps, the Kōmbo Coaster
just the right heights, speeds, twists and turns for the whole family to
enjoy together. The coaster goes at a top speed of 21 miles per hour
over a 656-foot long track with a maximum height of about 24 feet.
Kōmbo is a gift of Scott Jones and his sons Benjamin, Andrew and Daniel
through the Scott A. Jones Foundation.
• Guests must be a minimum of 38" tall to ride
• Children under 47” tall who meet the minimum height requirement must be
accompanied by an adult.
• Persons with disabilities must transfer from wheelchair to ride vehicle in
order to experience this attraction.
Visitors can climb aboard the White River Junction Train Ride for a tour of the "Zoo behind
the Zoo." During the 10-minute journey, visitors learn about the
Plains Biome animals, commissary, greenhouse, gardens, the Zoo's 15,000-square-foot veterinarian hospital, maintenance and commissary departments
and other behind-the-scenes operations necessary to run the Zoo, along with
the Zoo's animal conservation mission.
1 and under free with paid adult.
• Children under age 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
Think you have what it takes to be a zookeeper? Spend the day
with Keeper Kim and discover the zookeeper in you! In this
interactive games, our young guests can learn more about how we
care for our animals at the Zoo.
• Riders should be in good
health and free from any medical conditions that could be
aggravated by the rides.
• The seating on certain rides may prohibit guests of certain
body shapes or sizes from riding.
• Rides may have additional height and weight requirements.
Please check with attendants for more information.
• Food and beverage items must be finished prior to boarding any rides.
• People with disabilities can look for accessibility options at
Photo by Tim Ayler