Production Support Seasonal
Zoo's visual appeal is important to providing a pleasant overall guest
experience, and the Creative Services Department ensures that signs, banners
and other visual elements throughout the Zoo look clean and current. The
production support seasonal staff member will assist in that effort,
typically working 40 hours a week during our busiest season. The hourly pay
rate is $10.25.
• Installing and repairing environmental and exhibit graphics, signs and
• Applying interior and exterior paint treatments.
• The position works a flexible schedule of 20-25 hours a week. Exact
schedule will be negotiated upon hiring.
• A high school diploma/GED is required.
• Basic construction knowledge and ability to use drills, drill
press, circular saws and a variety of other power and hand tools.
• Ability to paint on various substrates using various techniques
and application equipment.
• A strong visual sensibility and attention to detail are
• Must have a valid Indiana driver’s
license and be insurable by the Zoo’s insurance carrier.
• Will work outside in all types of weather.
• Strenuous physical demands, including but not limited to
frequently lifting weights of 50 pounds or more, standing and walking for
long periods of time, climbing ladders, digging post holes, setting
• Will be
exposed to various oils, solvents and cleaning solutions.
The Indianapolis Zoo is a one of the top tourist destinations
in Indiana. Our animal exhibits, gardens and aquariums delight
more than a million visitors annually. The Zoo is a private,
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED (see below). Candidates are encouraged
to attach cover letters and resumes. Mailed, faxed and hand-delivered
applications will not be considered. No phone calls please. On the online
employment application, please enter “Production Support Seasonal” in the
"position desired" section. Application deadline is Dec. 31.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion
of pre-employment testing including a drug test, driving record and criminal
history checks. The Indianapolis Zoo is a drug free/smoke free workplace and
an equal opportunity employer.
Online Job Application