Park Support Technician
We have a full time opening for a
Park Support Technician, who will assist in the day-to-day operations
involving the upkeep and cleanliness of the Zoo’s grounds and guest
There are physically demanding requirements of this
position, including but not limited to:
• Ability to set-up and tear down tables, chairs and A/V
equipment for events.
• Ability to clean rooms before an after events.
• Ability to assist with waste handling, recycling and snow
• Ability to work both indoors and outdoors in all kinds
of weather with temperatures ranging from -10 to 90+ degrees.
• Ability to walk and stand for the majority of the work
• Physical ability to climb ladders and scaffolding,
stoop, and kneel.
• On occasion, heavy lifting including exerting up to 100
pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of
force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force
constantly to move objects will be required.
• Strong background in hand tool and motorized equipment
(vehicles, small engines, some heavy equipment) use and repair
• Understanding of audio/visual component integration
(compatibility, usage, terminations) is preferred.
• A willingness to work a non-traditional work week,
dependability, and good attendance are required.
The successful candidate must be at least 20 years of age, have at least two
years of basic maintenance work experience, with preferably at least one year of work experience in custodial or janitorial positions.
A High School Diploma or GED is
required. Advanced technical training is preferred but not required. Must also possess a valid Indiana driver’s license, and be
insurable by the Zoo’s insurance carrier.
Indianapolis Zoo offers a competitive total compensation package that
includes medical, dental, vision, life and short term disability; 403b
plan; paid holidays, and paid time off.
The Zoo offers a competitive benefits package after 90 days
of continuous employment, including generous paid time off and
holidays; 403B plan; medical, dental and vision coverage; and
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED (see below). Candidates are encouraged
to attach cover letters and resumes. Mailed, faxed and hand-delivered
applications will not be considered. No phone calls please. On the online
employment application, please enter “Park Support Technician” in the
"position desired" section. Application deadline is March 1.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of
pre-employment testing including a drug test, driving record and
criminal history checks.
The Indianapolis Zoo is a drug free/smoke free workplace and an
equal opportunity employer.
Online Job Application