Park Operations Supervisor
Zoo operates an array of family-friendly attractions and rides, with
millions of guests in attendance each year. The Park Operations Supervisor
is an important part of the management team operating one of the most
popular family venues in Indiana. This position requires 24/7 availability to
respond to emergencies, and may be required to work overtime, various
shifts, week-ends, and holidays as needed
Works with the Attractions Operations Manager to ensure all required
preventative maintenance of all Zoo attractions, and small equipment is
being performed in a timely manner, and that supporting documentation of PM
work is maintained.
• Manages and helps with “back of house," parking lot and grounds
cleanliness, including bathrooms, hard surfaces, carpets and break rooms.
Creates and maintains operating protocols for cleanliness, chemicals and
cleaning equipment and ensures weekly and monthly Zoo campus cleaning needs
Leads all trash removal and recycling efforts.
• Manages inventory and upkeep of all tables, benches, umbrellas,
dumpsters, trash receptacles, all hygiene dispensers and toiletries on
Assists with all grounds set up
for all types of special events.
• Manages a small staff and must schedule, supervise, and manage staff
Partners with the Attractions Operations Manager and Human
Resources in selecting and retaining full-time and seasonal staff.
• A high school diploma or GED is required.
• Post-secondary education (Associate, Bachelor degree) or trade
school equivalent from an accredited institution in a related field is
• Minimum of five years of professional work experience in general
maintenance work and at least one year of supervisory experience.
• Experience in operations/hospitality management, rides and event
operations is strongly preferred.
• Proficient with a computer as well as Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Has, or is willing to obtain, a valid Indiana driver's license, and
be insurable by the Zoo's insurance provider.
• Able to recognize problems as they occur and able to contribute to problem
• Able to communicate effectively and cooperatively,
build partnerships, and respond to last minutes requests with a “can do”
• Committed to the zoo’s mission of empowering people and
communities, both locally and globally, to advance animal conservation.
ble to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, 50 pounds
of force frequently, 20 pounds of force constantly in order to move objects.
Able to climb ladders and scaffolding, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl,
stand, walk, push, pull and lift.
Able to work in all kinds of indoor and outdoor weather.
Able to work around sufficient noise, moving mechanical parts, live
electrical circuits and cleaning materials.
Able to wear proper safety equipment and follow Universal Protection
Precautions and Blood Borne Pathogen guidelines.
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED (see below). Mailed,
faxed, e-mailed or dropped off applications are not accepted.
On the online employment application, please enter “Park
Operations Supervisor” in the "position desired" section.
Application deadline is May 15.
Candidates are also encouraged to attach cover letters and
resumes and to include salary expectations. Employment is
contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment
drug test, training completion, and criminal history check. The
Indianapolis Zoo is a Drug Free/Smoke Free Workplace and an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
ONLINE JOB APPLICATION